Friday, July 16, 2010

The language of (gun) hate...

Recently on a gun forum I frequent a poster got upset over the term "high capacity" magazines and it got me thinking. His point was that these mags are normal capacity for the guns as designed and the 10 shot magazines are not the norm and is playing right into the anti-gunner's hands. He has a valid point and I have myself thoughtlessly used that term, like when I was describing my P228. I have never used the expression "assault weapon" because I know there is a difference and I know that it is a term designed by gun haters to poison the minds of people on the fence about this issue. But then I have recklessly used the phrase "Hi-Cap" without giving it a second thought as to what I was actually saying. Yes, words do mean things...

No comments: