Friday, November 22, 2013
Just a few days ago I built another AR-15 rifle in 5.56. When I say "built" I mean I pinned a completed lower assembly to a completed upper assembly, which was the total amount of my effort involved in the project. Before the last presidential election when complete AR-15 lowers were both cheap and plentiful I purchased two from S&W to put away for a rainy day. I planned to build one last spring but after the feeding frenzy earlier this year I gave up and just stopped looking for a while. About a month ago I began my search for a complete upper again and finally found one at a price I could live with. Like my last one this carbine has a S&W lower and a Bushmaster upper. This time though I went with the A3 "Dissipator" model and I'm quite happy I did. I have decided to keep this project simple. I'm going to put a red dot sight on it (and maybe a flashlight) and that will be it. Updates to follow.