Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Your ammo is in the mail...

It arrived yesterday, late in the afternoon. A heavy package (58.4 pounds according to the UPS shipping info) containing 1000 rounds of this. I ordered it last week for the M1A I just recently purchased. It has been a few years since I owned a rifle in 7.62 NATO and while I did have a small amount still stored it wasn't enough. I needed some good quality, all around general purpose ammunition for it. Ammo good for anything I might need it for and yet cheap enough that I could regularly practice with it and not break me financially. For 7.62 this German surplus is probably the best bargain around right now. You can find it for sale several places but I bought mine from Sportsman's Guide over the phone and they made it very easy. This is the first ammunition I've ever mail ordered and had delivered. They made the purchase quick and painless and sent it right to my door. I like that. I can't believe that I've been shooting over 20 years and I am just now doing this. I've thought about it a long while but never got around to it, always staying with my local sellers. My need for 7.62 finally fueled this, buying the ammunition at my local Wal-Mart or gun shop would have cost me at least a third more (or purchase much less) and I would have to drive to them to get it. Yes this was the first time I did this, it won't be the last.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Are you a member of the M14 Firing Line forum at: http://m14tfl.com?

They have a page in there that someone maintains with all the deals on 7.62 ammo out there - it is a good reference. http://m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=23308

1000 rounds should keep you busy for a little while.

Wilson said...

I haven’t been there in a long while, thanks for reminding me.