Friday, July 27, 2012

More of the same

It has been a week since the shooting in Colorado. I soon as I saw the first news reports I knew it would be the same old thing. There were the usual suspects. Those with their own political motives, not really caring much about the victims as long as their own agendas could be furthered. Then there were the reporters trying to be first with a new juicy tidbit, facts be damned. Before the last victims had died, before any real facts were known, there were already calls for more gun control and attempts to link this atrocity to rightwing political groups. Disgusting. I didn't watch much of the news last weekend and not much since. I knew it would be only more of the same, especially in the first few days. Hour after hour, day after day, just wild speculation and hate mongering. All I really have to say is keep those victims and their loved ones in your thoughts and prayers, and pray that you never have to know what it would be like to be in their shoes.

No comments: