Friday, April 22, 2011

Movie Reviews - Hanna

After seeing the trailer and reading some reviews for Hanna I thought this film might be worth seeing on the big screen. I rarely go to the movie theater anymore, in fact this film was the first time this year for me. Hanna stars Saoirse Ronan, Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett and they are all excellent actors that truly add to this production. It is directed by Joe Wright (Atonement - Pride & Prejudice) and in reviews it has been compared with The Bourne Identity. While that might be correct in a very vague sense you will be disappointed if that is the movie you're hoping for. This is not your typical Hollywood action movie, there are a lot of good action scenes but this film is not as rapid paced and has many slower, thoughtful moments. The movie also has an odd almost fairytale vibe to it. I must also mention the soundtrack by The Chemical Brothers, I enjoyed the score but could see it becoming annoying quickly for those that are not "into" their type of music. Overall I enjoyed this film and thought it was well worth the price of admission. I'm giving Hanna an A–.

No comments: