Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cleaning day

It took me a few hours yesterday to wipe down all my revolvers. Last month I did my long guns, next month will be the semi-autos. I oil my guns twice a year and it's the only time I regret having such a large collection. Once a year (this time) I also remove the grips and apply a coat of oil underneath. I use Break-Free Collector and have for a couple years now. So far I have been very happy with the results. It's easy to use and works great! Midway has it on sale until the end of the month. I wonder what it must've been like in the olden days when my pre-war Smith & Wessons were new. Modern technology has made being a gun nut so much easier. I can just imagine trying to clean by lamplight, using Sperm whale oil ...

5 comments:

Jason said...

thanks for the tip on the Break Free Collector - I didn't know they made such a thing.

Wilson said...

It’s good stuff. I really like it for blued guns and right now Midway has it for $4.50 off!

Anonymous said...

I'm certain it made the whale hppy, too!

:-P

gfa

Home on the Range said...

It's soon going to be time to get everything cleaned and prepped for hunting season. Thanks for giving me a little jog to do that soon.

Jason said...

Picked some up and will give it a try - thanks again for the heads-up.